491 eggs recipes | Indian Egg Recipes
Recipes using Eggs | eggs recipes | Indian Egg Recipes. Eggs are a protein-rich ingredient that can be used in many different ways, as a thickener, in cakes to make them fluffy, standalone in omelets or even as a binding agent. The eggs we consume are usually chicken eggs. Not only does egg have many different properties, but it also can cooked in many different ways like poached, scrambled, fried or hard-boiled and many more ways.
Egg Roll, Breakfast Or Snack Recipe
Eggs also have a great nutrient value that makes it very healthy. Not only are eggs one of the best sources of protein, they are also a good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus. To know more about the health benefits of the eggs, you can scroll below to 7 Health Benefits of Eggs.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
Egg Bhurji, Anda Bhurji , Egg Masala Bhurji
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
Egg Biryani Recipe
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
Indian Egg Recipes
1. The most famous Indian egg dish is Anda Bhurji. This is the Indian version of scrambled eggs laden with spices, masalas, onions and tomatoes, best eaten hot with a side of bread or roti.
2. If you have leftover bhurji, you can stuff it into dough, roll it out and make impressive Bhurji parathas, that will be loved by everyone!
Egg Bhurji Paratha
3. A famous street food in Mumbai also has egg and it’s called Egg roll! This is a unique recipe where in a maida roti is lined with an egg mixture which makes one side of the roti full of egg. This can then stuffed with veggies, masalas and sauces to make different variations.
4. Another delightful egg dish is Egg Biryani. This hyderabadi special gets an oomph factor when you add whole hard boiled eggs, cooked in a masala mixture, to it.
Dessert Recipes using Eggs
Eggs are one of the most important ingredients in any bakery. They are used for binding, to provide softness and fluffiness to the baked goods. Moreover, eggs are also used in mousses as it incorporates air into the mousse on whipping. The most basic cake you can make using eggs is the Vanilla Sponge Cake. Not only does this give the cake a rise, but also gives it sponginess. If you do not like vanilla cake, you can try different flavors like chocolate cake.
Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs
Another super easy preparation is Caramel custard. A simple mix of sugar, eggs, milk with a tinge of vanilla will be a hit at all your parties. You can even make Nutella Sea salt Chocolate Chip Cookies with that are melt in mouth delicious.
Unique Recipes made with Eggs
If we try to list down all egg recipes, there will be no end! So here I am going to lost down a few of my favorite unique recipes made using eggs just so you can get creative too! A few of them are
- Deviled Eggs – here the egg cooked whole, then the yolk is removed and spiced with other ingredients and fill back into the Egg whites.
- Coconut Flour Bread – Since Coconut flour is gluten free, egg is the right ingredient to bind everything together in this gluten free, protein rich bread.
- Spanish Omelet – This is like a regular omelet except that it is made with onions and potatoes and in a different way! Try it out and you’ll love it for sure.
If you liked these recipes, check out the egg recipes below for even better ones!