• Paneer is a versatile dairy product, it is used desserts, snacks or for main course cooking.
• Chilli paneer, paneer makhani, paneer pasanda, shahi paneer, palak paneer, paneer pakora or paneer bhurji are all made with paneer.
• Paneer kneaded in dough or paneer paratha is a very healthy breakfast option for all age groups.
• The cottage cheese is often used in curries since it absorbs flavours readily.
• When sliced into cubes and deep fried, the cheese tends to hold its shape very well.
• It can also be crumbled into a curry, taking advantage of the cheese's naturally crumbly nature.
• The paneer appears in desserts and as a filling for stuffed foods and breads as well.
How to store paneer, cottage cheese, chenna
• Store the paneer in enough water in a container. The water has to be changed every 2 days, after which it can be refrigerated again.
• It stays fresh for a week when stored under these conditions.
• If it turns sour or has lost its softness, then place it in warm water for about 5 minutes before using.Nutritional Information of Paneer, Cottage Cheese
One cup chopped Paneer.
RDA stands for Recommended Daily Allowance.
Nutritional Information for 1 cup chopped Paneer is 144 grams. The values of Paneer are taken with it being made from Buffalo milk.
19.3 grams of Protein
11.37 grams of Carbs
33.1 grams of Fat
691 g of Calcium
= 115% of RDA (about 600 mg)
400 mg of Phosphorus
: 66.6% of RDA (about 600 mg for adult)
33.1 g of Fat = 50% of RDA (about 66 g)
19.3 g of Protein
= 35% of RDA ( about 55 g)
527 mcg of Vitamin A
= 11% of RDA (about 4,800 mcg)
Health benefits of paneer, cottage cheese, chennaPaneer
contains high quality protein
which aids in weight loss
. Since paneer is low in carbs
and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes
in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure
and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health
and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you
? Low fat paneer is has all the same nutrients as full-fat paneer, but it is minus the fat.