Masoor Dal, Easy Masoor Dal Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 143193 times
Here is something you can prepare on any day, to enjoy the satiating wholesomeness of home-cooked meals! This Masoor Dal is prepared using common spice powders and pastes, not to forget tasty onions and tomatoes, which give it a lip-smacking flavour and aroma.
Serve it hot with your favourite Rotis , to make a hearty meal.
- Combine the masoor dal, little salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, curry leaves and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked masoor dal, 1 cup of water and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.