Cauliflower Greens Pitla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38080 times
Cauliflower greens have a crunchy texture and fresh flavour that lends itself very well to this unique pitla. While you might frequently prepare methi or plain besan pitla, adding iron-rich cauliflower greens to the preparation adds to the iron and vitamin C content of besan. Cauliflower Greens Pitla will surely make your skin glow by improving blood circulation. Serve it immediately with whole wheat bhakri.
- Combine the besan and 3 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cauliflower greens and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and besan-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately with whoe wheat bhakri.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.