Potatoes and Tomatoes Stuffed with A Coconut-based Paste
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25740 times
Awesome, to the core, and we mean it! The containers of potatoes and tomatoes are as awesome as the coconut-based stuffing that’s inside them.
This unique dish is made by stuffing potatoes and tomatoes with a flavourful paste of coconut, onions and garlic perked up with an assortment of spices like coriander seeds, aniseeds, poppy seeds and peppercorns.
The potatoes and the tomatoes are cooked with the stuffing in place, so they imbibe the rich flavour as they cook. Make sure you stir the potatoes and tomatoes gently once in a while, as they cook. This ensures uniform cooking.
The Potatoes and Tomatoes Stuffed with a Coconut-Based Paste is a dish that is bursting with flavour, and you are sure to enjoy every mouthful.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, coconut, garlic, coriander seeds, aniseeds, poppy seeds and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cool, blend in a mixer along with ¼ cup of water till smooth.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Make four slits in each potato and tomato and stuff with the prepared coconut paste. Some paste will yet be remaining.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the stuffed potatoes and tomatoes along with the remaining coconut paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix gently, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 18 to 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||622 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||42.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||42.1 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.