· When you are preparing a sandwich, add a whole lot of veggies along with onions and tomatoes and top it with some tomato ketchup. Your sandwiches will just taste yummier with the rich tomato taste, and the healthy sandwich will be something you want to eat often.
· Include tomatoes in your breakfast salads, and for a change you can use tomato ketchup as a dressing with a dash of pepper and spices.
· Grab the ketchup and add it to anything from burgers and fries to eggs in the morning.
· Tomato ketchup is just perfect which is not too spicy and not too hot.
· Whatever snacks we prepare, it gives the best taste when the snacks are served with tomato ketchup.
· Ketchup with mayonnaise forms the base of Thousand Island dressing and fry sauce.
· Ketchup is also typically used as a base for barbecue sauce.
How to store tomato ketchup, tomato sauce
Tomato ketchup has high acid content (due to tomatoes as well as vinegar) and therefore does not have to be refrigerated after opening. Although, it is safe to store at room temperature but it will taste better if refrigerated. However, check on the expiry date too.
Health benefits of tomato ketchup, tomato sauce
Tomato contain a rich source of lycopene, which is known to be one of the most effective antioxidants in fighting against major diseases like cancer. However the readymade tomato sauce has preservatives, excess salt and sugar which doesn't qualify it as a very healthy choice.