kashmiri kahwa | kashmiri tea | traditional kashmiri kahwa drink |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 183 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 516636 times
kashmiri kahwa | kashmiri tea | traditional kashmiri kahwa drink | with 13 amazing images.
Kashmiri Kahwa, a classic drink from the Himalayan valley, is a soul-warming drink that resonates with the power of Indian spices.
Here, green tea is infused with a range of spices including cinnamon and cardamom, and served with a touch of saffron and a garnish of chopped almonds.
Indeed, this is one exciting cuppa that you will love to smell, sip and bite too! You will find that the Kashmiri Kahwa will instantly perk you up with its amazing aroma and flavour.
Have the Kashmiri Kahwa drink on a cold winter day to keep you warm.
Aside from Kashmiri Kahwa (Kashmiri Tea) you can also try other unique drinks like the Orange Green Tea and Phudina Green Tea.
Enjoy how to make Kashmiri Kahwa recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make kashmiri kahwa, combine the saffron strands and 1 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan, add the cinnamon stick , cardamom, cloves and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the kashmiri green tea leaves, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea in a deep bowl using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan, add the saffron-water mixture and almonds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve the kashmiri kahwa immediately.
Kashmiri Kahwa, Kashmiri Tea recipe with step by step photos
Like Kashmiri Kahwa, Kashmiri Tea. Tea is a popular beverage in India. For majority of Indians, the day is incomplete without a cup of cutting chai. Our website has a huge collection of Indian Teas ranging from masala tea, green tea and other home remedy tea recipes. Some of my all-time favorite tea recipes are:
- Black Tea | how to make black tea | Indian black tea | homemade black tea | quick, easy black tea | with 10 amazing images.
- fennel tea to relieve constipation | fennel tea benefits | healthy saunf tea | with 13 amazing images.
- Apple Tea | | Lebanese apple tea | apple cinnamon tea | hot apple tea | with 14 amazing images.
To make the Kashmiri kahwa recipe, heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Traditionally, the Kashmiri kahwa is made in a samovar, a metal container.
Add the cinnamon stick.
Add the cardamom. Before adding, slightly crush the elaichi to get better flavor.
Add the cloves. If you have, then you can also toss in few dried rose petals in the kahwa.
Also, add the sugar and mix well. You can substitute sugar with honey if you like Let it simmer on a medium flame for approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
While the Kashmiri kahwa is boiling, in a small bowl, take the saffron strands.
Add 1 tbsp of warm water. Mix well and keep aside.
After 4 minutes, lower the flame, add the Kashmiri green tea leaves. Mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Strain the Kashmiri kahwa in a deep bowl using a strainer.
To make the kashur kahwa at home, transfer the mixture back into a saucepan.
Add the saffron-water mixture.
Also, add the almonds, mix well and cook Kashmiri kahwa on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. You will notice the colour of the saffron coming through.
Serve the Kashmiri kahwa immediately garnished with saffron strands.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.