buckwheat dosa recipe | kuttu dosa | healthy Indian buckwheat crepes | instant buckwheat dosa |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 165041 times
buckwheat dosa recipe | kuttu dosa | healthy Indian buckwheat crepes | instant buckwheat dosa | with 15 amazing images.
buckwheat dosa known as kuttu dosa is an instant buckwheat dosa which requires no fermentation. Here is an easy and healthy Indian buckwheat crepes prepared with buckwheat and urad dal.
The twist here is that the ingredients are powdered, tempered and then mixed into a batter, which can be cooked immediately into yummy buckwheat dosas.
See why this is a healthy Indian buckwheat crepes? Buckwheat is a very good source of iron and good to prevent anaemia. Rich in folate and good food for pregnant women . Buckwheat keeps your heart healthy and high in fibre and diabetic friendly. So dig into this buckwheat dosa.
Serve the buckwheat dosa fresh off the tava with a chutney of your choice, preferably Green Chutney.
Besides buckwheat dosa, we have many more recipes using buckwheat in our collection like Buckwheat Dhoklas , Buckwheat and Sprouts Khichdi , Buckwheat and Quinoa Bread etc.
Learn how to make buckwheat dosa recipe | kuttu dosa | healthy Indian buckwheat crepes | instant buckwheat dosa | with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make buckwheat dosas, combine the buckwheat and urad dal in a mixer and blend to a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tempering, green chillies, coriander, salt and approximately 3 ¼ cups of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in a circular manner. Pour a little oil in the holes of the buckwheat dosa and cook on both the sides till golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 7 to make 19 more buckwheat dosas.
- Serve the buckwheat dosas immediately with green chutney.
Buckwheat Dosa recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.