Healthy Antioxidant Rich Indian Recipes, Antioxidant Food Sources
Healthy Antioxidant Rich Indian Recipes, Antioxidant Food Sources | Antioxidants are the substances that help in removing the potentially harmful substances called “free radicals” from our body. They prevent or stop cell damage in your body. They help in enhancing your body’s immunity.
Antioxidants are capable of promoting good health and prevent diseases too. They may help in lowering the risk for infections, heart diseases and certain forms of cancer. They can help in overcoming problems like mood disorders, eye problems, immune system problems etc.
Antioxidants have many benefits like flushing out harmful toxins from your system, boost metabolism, aids in weight loss, cleans the liver and improves kidney function, improves skin complexion and prevents wrinkles, gives you healthy nails and hair, reduces fatigue, improves your mood and so on.
Antioxidants are present in various fruits and vegetables.
12 healthy recipes with their Antioxidants
1. Vitamin A : Try spinach hummus is a quick healthy Indian style snack can be super for kids tiffins.
Spinach Hummus with Cucumber Sticks ( Tiffin Treats)
2. Vitamin C : Packed with protein, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, iron and fibre, Orange Tabbouleh is spiked up with a lot of mediterranean flavours like olive oil, oranges and parsley.
3. Vitamin E : Almonds contain a lot of healthy fats, fibre, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. It helps lower blood sugar levels, reduces blood pressure and keeps cholesterol under check. You will be pleasantly surprised to know that the Almond Bhakri is also good for weight-loss, as almonds and ghee have perfect fats that keep you full for longer.
Almond Bhakri, Gluten Free Almond Bhakri
4. Lycopene : Here’s an opportunity for vegetarians to enjoy their own creative version of Tomato Omelette! Yes, this is an Eggless Tomato Omelette for Vegetarians.
Tomato Omelette Recipe
5. Resveratrol : This strawberry and black grape raita is super quick and easy to make and it is made with minimum of ingredients. All you need to is mix all the ingredients together and it will be ready in a blink of eye.
Strawberry and Black Grape Raita
6. Allium Sulfur Compound : Garlic Vegetable Soup is not only chunky, but also adds more fibre by way of veggies. Together, the ingredients make it a very heart-friendly concoction.
Garlic Vegetable Soup ( Healthy Heart)
7. Anthocyanins : Roasted, peeled and mashed, the brinjals transform into an aromatic ingredient perfect to create this traditional Punjabi subzi - Baingan Bharta.
8. Cryptoxanthins : Indian style avocado salad is an antioxidant boost for people of all ages. It has an interesting combination of textures blended with a slightly sweet and tangy dressing. Learn how to make tasty avocado salad.
9. Flavonoids : With its fruit flavour and the crunch of roasted sunflower seeds, the Apple Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Almond Milk will be enjoyed by all.
Apple Steel Cut Oatmeal with Almond Milk, Healthy Vegan Breakfast
10. Indoles : An exciting alternative to the common kachumbers of cucumber, carrot, etc., the Cabbage Kachumber is a refreshing accompaniment that features shredded cabbage tempered like a traditional kachumber and perked up with lemon juice too.
11. Lignans : Barley khichdi is easy to make a one pot dinner and a one dish meal. Lazy day? This is my go-to dish. Lunch, supper or dinner; if you want a simple meal in a hurry, look no further than a barley khichdi. This is the homeliest meal after a tiring day.
12. Lutein : Methi Oats Roti are sumptuous rotis are made with a fibre-rich dough of whole wheat flour and quick rolled oats perked up with iron-rich fenugreek leaves. You can use any other greens of your choice too.
Methi Oats Roti
12 Antioxidants with their food sources.
||Carrots, Spinach (Palak), Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Papaya, Apricot, Pumpkin, Melon, Mango etc.
||1. Oranges, 2. Strawberry, 3. Guava, 4. Pineapple, 5. Apple, 6. Broccoli, 7. Cabbage, 8. Lettuce etc.
||Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Broccoli, Pumpkin, Kiwis, Mango, Avocado, Butternut Squash, Peanuts, Spinach (Palak)
||Tomato, Watermelons, Pink Guava, Pink Grapefruit, Purple Cabbage (Red Cabbage), Red Bell Pepper (Red Capsicum) etc
Black Grapes, Peanuts, Pistachios, Grapes, red and white wine, Blueberries, Cranberries, and even cocoa and dark chocolate. Try resveratrol rich Antioxidant Boost
||Allium Sulfur Compounds
||Leeks, onions, garlic.
||Eggplant, grapes, berries like Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry.
||1. Avocado, 2. Mango, 3. Orange, 4. Papaya, 5. Peach, 6. Pumpkin, 7. Red capsicum, 8. Watermelon
||Black tea, green tea, red wine, onion, Apple, citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, Grapefruit, lime etc.
||Cruciferous vegetables such as Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower
||Sesame Seeds, bran, cereals like wheat, oats and Barley, vegetables like cabbage and Broccoli.
||Corn, dark green leafy vegetables such as Spinach (Palak), Fenugreek leaves.
It is best to cut and chop the fruits and vegetables for recipes as close to the serving or cooking time as some antioxidants are lost on exposure to air.
Enjoy our Healthy Antioxidant Rich Indian Recipes, Antioxidant Food Sources and other antioxidant recipe articles below.
Antioxidant Rich Indian Desserts
Antioxidant Rich Indian Recipes
Antioxidant Indian Drink Recipes
Antioxidant Rich Indian Juices