chilli cheese toast recipe | veg chilli cheese toast in sandwich toaster | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast |
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 371 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 201187 times
chilli cheese toast recipe | veg chilli cheese toast in sandwich toaster | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast | with 18 amazing images.
Our chilli cheese toast recipe is a veg chilli cheese toast made on a sandwich toaster. On Mumbai’s streets, chilli cheese toast is an elaborate treat, of chutney-coated bread topped with a succulent mixture of cheese, capsicum and green chillies. We prefer making the veg chilli cheese toast in sandwich toaster as the result is a more crisp toast than that made on a tawa.
I grew up Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast having on the streets of Breach Candy served on a paper plate.
Toasted with a brushing of butter, the chilli cheese toast is a snack that will perk you up instantly with its vibrant flavour and wonderful texture.
Notes on chilli cheese toast recipe. 1. Cover with another bread slice with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards. Press it tightly so that the stuffing doesn’t fall off. 2. Take a sandwich toaster and grease both its sides using butter. Pre-heat for a minute. 3. Cook on a medium flame, till the Cheese Chilli Toast turns brown and crisp on one side. Flip and cook the other side.
Serve Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast hot and fresh with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Check out our other popular Mumbai Street Foods collection of recipes which includes recipes like Veg Frankie, Chinese Bhel, Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa , Kaanda Bhajji Pav and many more.
Enjoy how to make chilli cheese toast recipe | veg chilli cheese toast in sandwich toaster | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast | Mumbai roadside chilli cheese toast | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make cheese chilli toast, combine the cheese, capsicum, green chillies and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Spread ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice evenly and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards.
- Spread 1 tsp of green chutney on each of the bread slices.
- Spread a portion of the mixture evenly on 1 bread slice and cover with another bread slice with 1 buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it tightly.
- Spread a little butter evenly on the bread slices.
- Grease a sandwich toaster on both the sides using butter and pre-heat for a minute.
- Place the sandwich in the sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut the cheese chilli toast into 4 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply a little butter evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 4 to 10 to make 3 more cheese chilli toasts.
- Serve the cheese chilli toast immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
- At step 9, keep turning the sandwich toaster and checking at regular intervals to avoid the toast from getting burnt.
Cheese Chilli Toast (Mumbai Roadside Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Cheese Chilli Toast ( Mumbai Roadside Snack) recipe with step by step photos
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.