Vegetable Biryani, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100523 times
Vegetable Biryani is an all-time favourite rice delicacy, now famous all round the world. It is there on almost every Indian restaurant’s menu, and is also a part of the spread at weddings, parties and other festive occasions. Why, it is one of the first dishes that comes to mind when somebody decides on preparing a rice-based one-dish meal.
A medley of vegetables and rice, cooked with spice powders, and a masaledar paste of coconut, ginger, garlic and green chillies, the Vegetable Biryani has a well-rounded flavour and is satiating too. It is quite easy to make in the microwave oven, and just needs simple accompaniments like curds or raita.
- Combine the cauliflower, carrot, potatoes, green peas, onions, coriander, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala, the prepared paste, salt and 1¼ cups of water, in a big microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 20 minutes, while stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 tbsp of oil and sliced onions in another microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 7 minutes. Divide the onions into 2 equal portions and keep aide.
- Spread a portion of the onions evenly on a 175 mm. (7”) diameter deep microwave-safe bowl and spread 1 cup of the rice evenly over it.
- Spread the prepared vegetable mixture evenly over it and again spread the remaining 1½ cups of rice evenly over it.
- Finally spread the other portion of the fried onions and sprinkle the coriander evenly over it and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.