Poha Phirni (Pregnancy Recipe) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11644 times
Poha Phirni, poha is a rich source of iron as the rice is beaten in an iron mortar-pestle. Besides adding a colourful touch to this unusual phirni, fruits like apples and bananas also provide vitamins, minerals and fibre.
Recipe Description for Poha Phirni
- Roast the poha in a broad non-stick pan for 1 to 2 minutes or till crisp, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, cool and grind in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk and sugar in another broad non-stick pan, scrapping the sides, while stirring continuously
- Add the coarsely ground poha, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool and keep refrigerated for atleast 1 hour.
- Divide the phirni into 4 equal portions.
- Divide the fruits into 4 equal portions.
- Place a portion of fruits in a serving bowl, top with a portion of phirni.
- Repeat step 9 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.
See step by step images of Poha Phirni Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.