• Split fenugreek seeds are used with a combination of split mustard seeds in pickle.
• It imparts a very aromatic and spicy taste to curries.
• Raw mangoes dressed with salt and turmeric powder are then combined with equal quantities of chilli powder, split fenugreek seeds, mustard oil and sea salt to make a lip-smacking pickle called Methia Keri, which is an ideal accompaniment for almost all meals.
Achar recipes using methi kuria
1. garlic pickle recipe | lahsun achar | Punjabi lahsun achar | with 18 amazing images.
Pickles and achar are essential part of Indian meals. They have strength to enhance your simplest meals and make them flavorful. Here we have got you a very simple and delicious garlic pickle recipe.
Garlic is often added in small quantities to chutneysand pickles as part of their flavouring, but as in this garlic pickle recipe it can also be the main ingredient of a hot and sweet garlic pickle.
2. amla pickle recipe | amla achar | Indian gooseberry pickle | with 18 amazing images.
This spicy amla pickle recipe is a true tongue-tickler, with the perfect masala for tangy amlas! Ideal to serve with any meal, it tastes especially great with rice and dal.
amla achar has a lingering flavour, which is both spicy and sour, thanks to the use of various spices and seeds ranging from fennel and fenugreek seeds to chilli powder and asafoetida.
3. carrot pickle recipe | instant gajar ka achar | Gujarati, North Indian carrot pickle | with 18 amazing images.
carrot pickle recipe is actually a instant gajar ka achar which is a North Indian carrot pickle.
Here we have got you a delicious and a very simple carrot pickle recipe that is popular in Gujarat and North India. Pickles and achar are essential part of Indian meals. instant gajar ka achar have strength to enhance your simplest meals and make them flavorful.
Masala using split fenugreek seeds
1. methia no masala recipe | koro sambar | Gujarati sambar masala | with 14 amazing images.
methia no masala is a tongue-tickling Gujarati spice powder with the dominant flavour of mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. The process of powdering each spice separately and mixing is very important to get the right mouth-feel.
How to store split fenugreek seeds, methi na kuria, methi dal kuria
• Store split fenugreek seeds in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It lasts up to six months.
• You can also store them in the refrigerator to increase its shelf life.