Baking powder is a fine white powder, which is used as a leavening agent. That is, it helps dough, batter, etc., to rise well. Baking powder is a combination of an acid (cream of tartar) and alkali (baking soda).
Baking powder is one of the most important ingredients in all types of sweet baking including Cakes and pastries. The most common things made like this are
1. Eggless Chocolate Cake : eggless chocolate cake in pressure cooker recipe| eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake | pressure cooker cake | eggless chocolate cake without oven | is an Indian style eggless chocolate cake in cooker! There are millions of Indians who are vegetarian and make their cakes in a pressure cooker and this eggless chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker is for them.
2. Vanilla Sponge Cake. : vegetarian sponge cake | eggless sponge cake | Indian vanilla sponge cake no eggs | with 22 amazing images.
This vegetarian sponge cake is just what it should be – perfectly spongy! With the right level of sweetness, a pleasing flavour and melt-in-the-mouth softness, this versatile Indian vanilla sponge cake is the ultimate go-to dessert for vegetarians.
Muffins get the perfect fluff and rise because of baking powder.
1. eggless apple cinnamon muffin recipe | apple muffins | Indian style apple muffins | with 20 amazing images.
Our Indian style apple muffins are eggless apple cinnamon muffins.
The eggless apple cinnamon muffin is so delicious, it will entice even those who are not very fond of apples. The fruity aroma of apples and the delicate smell of cinnamon fill the entire house with their magic even as these apple muffins bakes!
Baking Powder Recipes for Indian Snacks
Just like baking powder is used for sweet pancakes it is also used for savory pancakes like Green Moong Dal and Carrot Mini Pancakes. It is added to dipping batters like that of Onion Rings which makes the batter lighter and fluffier and not flat.
breads using baking powder
1. homemade almond bread without eggs | keto almond bread | eggless almond bread | low carb almond bread| with 20 amazing images.
Since it is a leavening agent, it is predominantly used in cake recipes.
• It can be substituted for yeast in quick bread recipes.
• Combine with pancake batter to make delicious savoury and sweet pancakes with fillings of your choice.
How to store baking powder
• Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
• Remember that moisture and heat can reduce the effectiveness of baking powder.
• To test the freshness before use, place 1 tsp. of baking powder in a small bowl containing hot water. If it fizzes at once, it is active and can still be used.