Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55745 times
Ragda made from soaked and boiled white peas, tempered with mustard seeds and asafoetida, serve it as a stuffing with pani puri.
- Soak the safed vatana overnight or for atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain the safed vatana and add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, vatana, salt and 1 cup of water and mash the vatana slightly, using the back of a spoon.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till it thickens and keep aside.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.