Oats and Spring Onion Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 19861 times
These paratha are made with a combination of oats and wheat flour to initiate you to the taste of fibre filled oats. I have used the spring onion filling as it helps to disguise the raw taste of oats. These ar best served hot.
Recipe Description for Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha for Weight Loss
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the filling in the centre of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
See step by step images of Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha for Weight Loss Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.