Mango Ginger Sorbet
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 186 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54897 times
An icy cold, refreshing sorbet ideal for a hot summer’s day! With sweet mangoes, tangy lemon and zingy ginger, the Mango Ginger Sorbet will touch every cell in your body and tickle them back to life even at the most tiring moments.
- In a saucepan, combine the ginger and sugar with 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add the lemon rind and juice to this syrup.
- Add the mango pulp and mix well.
- Transfer into a freezerproof container and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and beat till all the ice crystals are broken down.
- Freeze again and repeat step 5 and 6.
- About 15 minutes before serving, transfer the sorbet from the freezer to the refrigerator to soften a little.
- Scoop out using an ice-cream scoop and serve immediately, garnished with mango slices and a spring of mint.
- If mangoes are not sweet, omit the lemon juice and add enough sugar to taste at step 3.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.