Jeera- Pepper Rasam, Milagu Rasam Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Jeera- Pepper Rasam, Milagu Rasam Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54148 times
The ideal rasam to serve on a cold winter’s day! Jeera-Pepper Rasam is a good antidote for common cold and feverishness, and many prefer to take a swig of it plain, in a cup, while others prefer to mix it with rice and oodles of ghee.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add all the ingredients and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the flavour releases, while stirring continuously.
- Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using 2 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tamarind water and salt, mix well and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||73.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.