How many calories does one serving of Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey have?
One serving of Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey gives 291 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 79 calories, proteins account for 38 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 136 calories. One serving of Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey provides about 15 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey recipe | flax seeds with curd and strawberry | flax seeds with curd | best way to eat flax seeds | with 13 amazing images.
flax seeds with curd is a good in-between Indian snack option for healthy individuals as well weight watchers. Learn best way to eat flax seeds.
To make flax seeds with curd and honey, combine powdered flaxseeds, curd and honey in a deep bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.
Many of us are aware of the health benefits of flax seeds, but are always wondering on the best way to include flax seeds in the diet. Here, we suggest one of the simplest ways to enjoy flax seeds. Just mix it with curds and honey. Not only do you get a flavourful snack, but you can also harness the goodness of curds, which is loaded with good fats and proteins, calcium and vitamin D. Curds is also a great help when it comes to improving digestion.
This wonder seed is a treasure trove of omega-3 fatty acids , which help stabilise cell walls and reduce inflammation. Flax seeds also have a unique blend of soluble fiber that binds with food to optimise the digestive process. Addition of honey in flax seeds with curd and honey, gives this recipe a soft and sweet flavour.
Diabetics, weight-watchers and heart patients can indulge in this flax seeds with curd and strawberry. They can avoid the use of honey and instead mix it with chopped strawberries, for an added antioxidant touch. They can make their choice between full fat curd or low fat curd. Learn how to make low fat curd at home.
Tips for flax seeds with curd and honey. Have the Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey as soon as you mix the ingredients together.
Is Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Alsi (Flax seeds) : Flax seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fibre which prevents surges in blood sugar levels. Hence, this is beneficial to those who are diabetic. Flax seeds are the richest source of plant Omega-3 (n3) fatty acids. Since flaxseeds are not a very good source of sodium they are safe to be consumed by individuals with High Blood Pressure. Flax seeds contain high levels of Lignans which have benefits of anti-ageing and restoring cellular health and good for heart. See detailed benefits of alsi, flaxseeds.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
1. Honey : Honey, a natural sweetener, is a thick liquid made by honeybees which acts as an energy boost. A tbsp. of honey (20 g) gives 60 calories but virtually no protein, fat and fiber. It has been regarded as a traditional medicine since ages. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are known to fight bacteria and prevent infections like cold and cough. Some research also shows that the polyphenolic compounds in honey help protect the heart.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Flax Seeds with Curd ?
Yes, BUT use low fat curds and avoid the honey. If you must, cut a few dry figs into small pieces and toss it into the curd.
Can healthy individuals have Flax Seeds with Curd ?
Yes, but cut the honey. Use dry figs instead.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 291 calories that come from Flax Seeds with Curd and Honey?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 27 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 29 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 39 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 50 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.