How many calories does one serving of Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise have?
One serving of Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise gives 184 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 57 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 96 calories. One serving of Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise recipe. One of the best examples to prove that good health comes in tasty and innovative forms! Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise is a delicious salad that is packed with the goodness of curds and walnuts, which make it a storehouse of protein and calcium. The assortment of veggies and fruits used in the salad sneak in some antioxidants and vitamin A as well.
Is Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
3. Lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. Keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Rich in Folic acid, one such nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
4. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. Cucumber forms a healthy snack as it's alkaline and a great acidity snack reliever. So you can have it as a snack at work. Better to have it peeled to remove the effects of pesticides. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
5. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
6. Walnuts (Akhrot) : Eating a handful of Walnuts a day is said to increase the good cholesterol (HDL). Walnuts are rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids which contain high amounts of DHA which improve thinking power in adults and excellent for brain health for newborn kids. Being a good source of Folate, Vitamin B9, it’s good for pregnant women to top up their folic acid with eating a bit of walnuts daily. As it's low in the Glycemic Index, and loaded with Fibre, it’s a good choice for Diabetics. See detailed benefits of walnuts.
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour to make bread or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The main reason is that bread is used in the making of bread Mayonnaise. This recipe uses plain flour to make bread or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Aside from the bread, everything else in the reicpe is healthy.
Some healthy Salad options for you
Soups and Salads make a great combination for a healthy meal. We have a huge collection of healthy salads and try some popular salads like Sprouted and boiled moong, Mooli ka salad, Sprouts spring onion and tomato salad and Lettuce orange and spinach salad.
Sprouts, Spring Onion and Tomato Salad
Can healthy individuals have Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise?
Yes, but in small amounts.
Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 184 calories that come from Crunchy Salad with Curd Bread Mayonnaise?
Walking (6 kmph) = 55 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 18 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 25 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 32 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.