Palak Baby Corn Subzi (Low Calorie) Video by Tarla dalal
Viewed 8000 times
This is a low cal version of palak paneer in which I have used baby corn instead. Baby corn apart from being low in calories and fat as compared to other vegetables also imparts a crispy texture to the subzi.
Recipe Description for Palak Baby Corn Subzi
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, onions, ginger paste, green chilli paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves, coriander powder and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach purée, milk, babycorn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- 3½ cups of chopped spinach after blanching, draining and blending in a mixer gives a smooth purée.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Folic Acid||Vitamin C||Vitamin A|
| 78 calories|| 3.6 gm|| 7.5 gm|| 1.5 gm|| 78.8 mcg|| 21.2 mg|| 1450. 5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.