How many calories does one serving of Rajma Soup have?
One serving of Rajma Soup gives 68 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 37 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. One serving of Rajma Soup provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Rajma Soup recipe. This savoury soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On the other hand, the vitamin C from the tomatoes and lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron during digestion.
Is Rajma Soup healthy
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to high fiber in it. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Rajma Soup ?
Yes. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to high fiber in it. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Remember high fibre foods is always good for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Rajma Soup ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Rajma Soup is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy low calorie soup
3. Low cholesterol soup
4. Athlete Soups
5. Pregnancy folic acid
6. Pregnancy Soup
7. Preconception recipe
8. Diabetic Soups
Rajma Soup is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 68 calories that come from Rajma Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.