How many calories does one serving of Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup have?
One serving (150 ml) of Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup gives 69 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 31 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 27 calories. One serving of Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup provides about 3.4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup recipe makes 600 ml of soup, serves 4 with 150 ml per serving.
69 calories for 1 serving of Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 7.8g, Protein 3g, Fat 2.9g. Find how much fibre, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, folic acid is present in Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup.
See Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup recipe | creamy cauliflower lettuce soup | low carb Indian lettuce cauliflower soup | with 25 amazing images.
To make lettuce and cauliflower soup, you will need lettuce, cauliflower, onion, vegetable stock or water, salt, and pepper.
Lettuce is an unexplored treasure! Not many know that it is a very good source of folic acid. Here is a creamy lettuce and cauliflower soup of lettuce thickened using finely chopped cauliflower, which not only imparts a creamy texture but also balances the flavour of lettuce well.
The use of cauliflower also does away with the use of milk in this lettuce and cauliflower soup recipe ! Chopped onions and pepper add to the flavour and aroma of this comforting and healthy Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup.
On a low carb Indian diet, then lettuce and cauliflower soup is a perfect choice with 7 grams of carb.
Healthy lettuce and cauliflower soup has only 69 calories, zero cream or cornflour added to the recipe.
pro tips for lettuce and cauliflower soup. 1. Add 3 cups basic vegetable stock or water. Vegetable stock adds exciting flavours and aroma to the dish it is added to. This healthy Indian vegetable stock is low in calories and good for weight loss. 2. You can add some garlic to the cauliflower lettuce soup recipe. 3. Add salt to taste. We added 1/4th tsp salt. If you are suffering from high blood pressure then reduce salt or avoid it.
Is Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. Made from lettuce, cauliflower, onions and oil.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Cauliflower : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
Lettuce, Iceberg lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. It keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. It is also rich in Folic acid, a nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
benefits of Indian vegetable stock for Soups:
- Vegetable stock is made from assorted vegetables, which are naturally high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients can help to boost your immune system, protect your cells from damage, and improve your overall health.
- Being low in calories and fat, vegetable stock is perfect for weight loss, detox and a healthy option to add to soups. Far healthier than stock cubes bought in the market which are also high in sodium. See our basic vegetable stock recipe.
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also it has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possesses polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures. Note that it's fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest, avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup ?
Yes, this is healthy for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A
Can healthy individuals have Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup ?
Yes, perfect healthy soup. No cornflour added to it.
Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy low calorie soup
3. Low cholesterol soup
4. Athlete Soups
5. Pregnancy folic acid
6. Pregnancy Soup
7. Preconception recipe
8. Diabetic Soups
Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup is rich in below macronutrients, vitamins and minerals given in descending order (highest to lowest).
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds. Have citrus fruits, lemons, vegetables ( capsicum, broccoli, cabbage). 111% of RDA. Note that some Vitamin C will be lost during cooking.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy. Folic acid rich Indian foods (kabuli chana, chana dal, yellow moong dal, urad dal, tooval dal, til ). 28% of RDA.
- Phosphorus : Phosphorus rich Indian foods works closely with calcium to build bones. Phosphorus rich Indian foods like dairy products ( milk, paneer, curd), nuts, seeds, jowar, bajra, moong, matki, oats, ragi, wheat flour etc. 22% of RDA.
- Vitamin A rich recipes, Beta Carotene : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin. Sources of vitamin A include yellow-orange fruits and vegetables like carrots, mango, papaya, peach, tomatoes, pumpkin etc. and other vegetables like spinach, kale, fenugreek leaves, broccoli, capsicum etc. 19% of RDA.