How many calories does one serving of Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie have?
One serving of Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie gives 64 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 29 calories, proteins account for 13 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 22 calories. One serving of Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie recipe.
Is Carrot Tomato Egg Smoothie healthy?
Yes, Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie is healthy. Made of all super ingredients like eggs, carrots, tomato and capsicum. Lets see why.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are a powerful anitoxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Capsicum ( Bell Peppers) : Capsicum is low in carb, reduces inflammation, high in folic acid which is important for the rapid growth of red blood cells. See here for 11 super benefits of capsicum.
Carrot tomato egg smootie is good for
1. Weight Loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy Lifestyle
5. High protein
Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 64 calories that come from Carrot, Tomato and Egg Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 19 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 6 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.