How many calories does one serving of Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry have?
One serving of Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry gives 193 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 64 calories, proteins account for 14 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 114 calories. One serving of Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry provides about 10% percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry Colarie. broccoli and baby corn stir fry recipe | Chinese style broccoli corn vegetable | 10 minute stir-fry recipe | with 33 amazing images.
broccoli and baby corn stir fry recipe | Chinese style broccoli corn vegetable | 10 minute stir-fry recipe is probably one of the fastest cooking dishes and very delicious too. Learn how to make Chinese style broccoli baby corn vegetable.
To make broccoli and baby corn stir-fry, combine the cornflour with ¾ cup of water and mix well till it dissolves completely. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds. Add the onions and capsicum and saute on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, baby corn, cornflour-water mixture, sugar, salt and pepper powder and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring occasionally. Serve broccoli and baby corn stir-fry immediately garnished with cashewnuts.
Broccoli is called ‘gai lan’ in Chinese and is an extremely favorite vegetable in the Chinese kitchen. In this 10 minute stir-fry recipe, broccoli and baby corn are tossed in together with capsicum and onions and topped with some crunchy cashews.
Use of fresh pepper and garlic blend well with the vegetables giving out a delicious aroma to Chinese style broccoli corn vegetable. This Chinese dish has appealing and contrasting green, red and yellow colours, and is certain to grab attention when laid on the table.
Tips for broccoli and baby corn stir-fry. 1. Add the cornflour-water mixture. Before adding, make sure you mix the cornflour-water mixture again and ensure no lumps are there. 2. Put the cashew nuts in a hot pan with little oil. 3. Cook till golden brown.
Is Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry.
What's good in Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry.
Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
Baby Corn : Since baby corn are picked much before the maturing stage, they hold a lower starch content. ½ cup baby corn adds in only 6.7 g of carbs, which is relatively low. Baby corn acts as a broom and helps maintain healthy bowels and avoid constipation as it is a good source of fiber. Keep an eye on the portion size always for diabetics, that’s very important to have controlled amount of starch per day. Those with cardiac problems have no reason to avoid baby corn. The soluble fiber in baby corn can help in reducing cholesterol levels. See detailed benefits of baby corn.
Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other viral infections. To boost your immune system have a garlic clove a day. Garlic is a top anti viral food. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
Cashew Nuts (kaju) : In general, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and pinenuts are a healthy snack to carry keep with you as they are rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and good for heart. They are a healthy snack for Diabetics. Dietary intakes of cashew and other foods rich in magnesium helps to regulate blood pressure. See 9 amazing benefits of cashew nuts for complete details.
What's problem in Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry.
Cornflour ( Cornstarch) : Pros. Cornflour is easy to digest because of the presence of insoluble fiber, thus benefits the gut. It’s gluten-free and can be consumed by those who cannot afford to have wheat. Cons. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high carbs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients. Read for more details is cornflour healthy?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and then they don't function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry ?
No, this is a not healthy recipe. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high carbs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients. Sugar intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. Highly processed vegetable oils is not suitable lifestyle, used for cashewnuts deep-frying.
Can healthy individuals have Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir- Fry?
No, this recipe is not good and healthy recipe.
What is a helathier stir-fried vegetable option ?
We suggest Chinese stir fried vegetables for your good health.
Chinese Stir- Fried Vegetables
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-fry is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 193 calories that come from one serving of Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir Fry?
Walking (6 kmph) = 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 26 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 33 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.