green moong dal appe with vegetables | healthy appe pan recipe | south indian style healthy appe | vegetable moong dal appe |
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40540 times
green moong dal appe with vegetables | healthy appe pan recipe | south indian style healthy appe | vegetable moong dal appe | with 21 amazing images.
green moong dal appe with vegetables is a simple South Indian which can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack of dinner. Healthy appe pan recipe is easy to make and slightly more nourishing because of the addition of veggies. Learn how to make south indian style healthy appe.
To make green moong dal appe with vegetables you need to soak the green moong dal in enough hot water and allow it to soak for about an hour. Then drain and blend it to a smooth paste using water. Add all the remaining ingredients and make a batter of dropping consistency. Then heat an appe mould, pour little batter in each mould and cook till they turn golden brown from both the sides using very little oil.
Filled with protein these appes are a great addition to a growing kids menu. It’s bite sized so kids of any age are bound to relish. The protein in vegetable moong dal appe will support the growing cells, tissues and bones of the kids.
The addition of veggies makes these south indian style healthy appe fiber rich, thus it can be enjoyed by weight watchers, diabetics, heart patients and those with stomach upset. Just remember not to overdo with the portion size as anything in excess is not good for the body.
When served fresh its taste will linger for a long time. Serve green moong dal appe with vegetables with healthy green chutney if you wish to.
Enjoy green moong dal appe with vegetables | healthy appe pan recipe | south indian style healthy appe | vegetable moong dal appe | with step by step photos.
- To make green moong dal appe with vegetables, combine the green moong dal and enough hot water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth using approx. ½ cup of water.
- Transfer into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat an appe mould on a medium flame and grease it ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each mould.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till the lower surface becomes golden brown and then turn each appe upside down using a fork so as to cook them from the other side using a little oil.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 21 more appes with the remaining batter.
- Serve the green moong dal appe with vegetables immediately.
Green Moong Dal Appe with Vegetables, Healthy Appe Pan Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.