How many calories does one glass of Papaya Smoothie have?
One glass of Papaya Smoothie gives 141 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 82 calories, proteins account for 13 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 37 calories. One glass of Papaya Smoothie provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Papaya Smoothie recipe. Papaya, a fruit that is synonymous with breakfast for many people, comes to you in yet another exciting form here!
Papaya, blended with milk and curds, gives you a super smooth, lusciously thick and very flavourful smoothie. We have just sweetened it mildly with honey, because the natural taste of papaya is awesome.
Serve the Papaya Smoothie immediately upon preparation to enjoy the creamy mouth-feel.
Is Papaya Smoothie healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Papaya : Being rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, it helps to protect against heart diseases by oxidising the excess Cholesterol. Papaya is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels and relives constipation.The question is even if the glycemic index of papaya comes under medium range how this fruit is beneficial for diabetics? This is because the glycemic load of the fruit is just 6.4 for 1 cup of papaya, but diabetics should control portion size. See detailed benefits of papaya.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
Honey : Honey, a natural sweetener, is a thick liquid made by honeybees which acts as an energy boost. A tbsp. of honey (20 g) gives 60 calories but virtually no protein, fat and fiber. It has been regarded as a traditional medicine since ages. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are known to fight bacteria and prevent infections like cold and cough. Some research also shows that the polyphenolic compounds in honey help protect the heart.
However, honey is not the wisest option to be picked by diabetics. Any fluctuation in blood sugar levels is not considered safe for them. So addition of generous amounts of honey to make desserts is a complete No-No. However if you wish to have it in moderate amounts occasionally, talk to your doctor and dietitian.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Papaya Smoothie?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. honey is not the wisest option to be picked by diabetics. Any fluctuation in blood sugar levels is not considered safe for them. So addition of generous amounts of honey to make desserts is a complete No-No. This recipe uses lots of honey.
Can healthy individuals have Papaya Smoothie?
Healthy Indian smoothies to have
apple and date smoothie with curds, apple shake, Healthy peanut butter, blueberry almond milk smoothie and mango banana spinach smoothie bowl. All these smoothies have zero sugar used.
Apple and Date Smoothie, Smoothie with Curds
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Papaya Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 141 calories that come from Papaya Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 42 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 19 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 24 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.