How many calories does one glass of Cucumber Melon Juice have?
One glass of Cucumber Melon Juice gives 43 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 35 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One glass of Cucumber Melon Juice provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Cucumber Melon Juice | cucumber melon juice recipe | muskmelon cucumber detox juice | healthy muskmelon juice for summer | immune boosting kharbuja juice |
cucumber melon juice is a revitalising cleansing juice while hydrating your body enough. Learn how to make healthy muskmelon juice.
This muskmelon cucumber detox juice is simple, all-natural and cooling juice, sans sugar or syrups, is guaranteed to win your heart with its soothing mouth-feel and refreshing flavour. With 43 calories and almost nil fat along with high fibre, it is a welcome addition to a weight loss diet. To reap the benefits from its fibre the most, we suggest you use a high quality blender and not strain the juice.
To make cucumber melon juice, juice all the ingredients in a juicer and mix well. Add 3 ice-cubes in 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice in each glass. Serve immediately garnished with a cucumber stick in each glass.
Suitable for breakfast or in between meals, this immune boosting kharbuja juice will indisputably keep you satiated and avoid binge eating. All those with a healthy lifestyle to heart patients and pregnant women to women with PCOS and even kids to senior citizens can include this drink to gain in vitamin nutrients like vitamin C – an antioxidant needed to build immunity and reduce inflammation.
The water filled cucumber not only helps to get the perfect consistency of the muskmelon cucumber detox juice, but also helps to maintain water balance in the body. Potassium and magnesium are two other key nutrients you can gain from this juice.
This muskmelon cucumber detox juice also suits those on a full liquid diet. Cancer patients who often experience nausea or those with mouth sores, can also sip on this enlivening, cooling and nourishing drink.
Just muskmelon and cucumber juiced in a hopper and garnished with cucumber sticks, the healthy muskmelon juice for summer will appeal to your palate while also helping your body to beat the heat. It is healthy and tastes at its best.
Tips for cucumber melon juice. 1. Choose sweet melons, to avoid the need for sugar. 2. If you are on a weight loss diet, we recommend not using ice. 3. Serve immediately as some amounts of vitamin C is lost on exposure to air.
Is Cucumber Melon Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Muskmelon ( Kharbooja): Muskmelon abounds in a key nutrient vitamin C, which strengthens our immune system by building our immune cells – white blood cells (WBC). These help to fight against the bacteria which usually grow within a clogged pore and shows up as acne. If you too are looking to loose weight, reach out for muskmelon. Its sweet taste is the best to turn your head to satisfy your sweet tooth. This low-fat and high antioxidant fruit holds the capacity of reducing inflammation in the body and thus protecting your arteries and in turn heart. Your diet triggers or controls acidity. The pH of muskmelon is in between 6.5 to 7. So they are considered to be almost neutral and thus help in balancing the acids of the stomach. See detailed benefits of muskmelon.
2. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will help to control blood pressure. Cucumber forms a healthy snack as it's alkaline and a great acidity snack reliever. So you can have it as a snack at work. Better to have it peeled to remove the effects of pesticides. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Cucumber Melon Juice?
Yes, this recipe is good for heart and weight loss. Juices are not recommended for diabetics as its better to have the whole fruit. Muskmelon abounds in a key nutrient vitamin C, which strengthens our immune system by building our immune cells – white blood cells (WBC). These help to fight against the bacteria which usually grow within a clogged pore and shows up as acne. If you too are looking to loose weight, reach out for muskmelon. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly.
Can healthy individuals have Cucumber Melon Juice?
1. Muskmelon pineapple juice is an antioxidant boost.
2. Vitamin A and C work towards a flawless skin.
3. A glass of this juice fulfils your total day's requirement of vitamin C.
4. The juice has been made in mixer and not strained, thus full of fiber. This helps to keep you satiated for long time.
One glass of Cucumber Melon Juice is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
5. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
6. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
7. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
8. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
9. Potassium : Potassium is critical for those with high blood pressure as it lessen the impact of sodium. Eat more avocados, bananas, watermelons, papaya, plums and grapefruits.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 43 calories that come from one glass of Cucumber Melon Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 13 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 4 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 6 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 7 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.