Vegetable Balls in Hot Garlic Sauce Video by Tarla dalal
Viewed 72053 times
This one is a real fiery starter, perfect to get your meal off to a hot start! Balls of boiled and mashed veggies are deep-fried till crisp and topped with a spicy sauce of garlic, ginger and green chillies together with other ingredients and pungent sauces. The interesting thing here is that the vegetable balls do not require a batter coating, because the mashed cauliflower and a tablespoon of cornflour help hold them together. This gives the balls a unique texture that is rough, soft and crisp, perfect to go with the hot garlic sauce. Make sure you serve the Vegetable Balls in Hot Garlic Sauce immediately to enjoy the crispness of the vegetable balls.
Recipe Description for Vegetable Balls in Hot Garlic Sauce
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carrots, cauliflower and french beans and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the salt, pepper and cornflour, switch off the flame and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few balls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion greens, schezuan sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, cornflour, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, place the vegetable balls on a serving plate, and top it with hot garlic sauce.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Vegetable Balls in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.