Rice and Soya Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24441 times
A delicacy that is easy and quick to make, if you use leftover rice to make these Parathas… in fact this is an interesting way to utilize the leftover rice. I have used powdered soya chunks in this recipe. Those who do not like soya granules or chunks can just powder it finely and add them to recipes… no one will even realize there is any soya in it. Curds add a nice tangy flavour to these Parathas; try to use slightly sour curds for an enhanced taste. To make these Parathas soft, knead the dough loosely, and roll them gently using whole wheat flour for rolling, or on a greased plastic sheet.
- Combine the rice, soya chunks powder, wheat flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste, salt, sugar, coriander and 1 teaspoon of soya oil and mix well.
- Add the curds and 2 tablespoons of water, mix well and knead to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again, using ½ teaspoon of soya oil, till smooth and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thick circle.
- Cook on a tava (griddle), using a little soya oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Rice and Soya Paratha (Protein Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.