Potatoes & Eggs with Lemon
This recipe has been viewed 7463 times
Potatoes & eggs with lemon is a perfect baked casserole recipe. The mashed potatoes are topped with beaten egg whites and then sprinkled with lime juice.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into ¼ inch slices.
- Put the potato slices in a saucepan with water, cover and boil for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, adding milk to moisten them.
- Stir in the butter and season with ½ tsp each of pepper and salt.
- Mix the dill, onion and parsley with the potatoes.
- Put this mixture in a shallow buttered casserole and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff gradually adding the salt and lemon rind.
- Spread the beaten egg whites lightly over the potatoes, shaping them into peaks.
- With half an egg shell make 4 depressions in the egg white surface and then slide an egg yolk into each depression.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
This recipe was contributed by rubi on 22 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.