low fat cream
Also known As
Low Fat Cream is the sour cream obtained by processing the milk fats or the cream layer. It comprises of oil and fat ingredients and emulsifying ingredients. The solid fat content is not less than 50 % at 5' C and not less than 40% at 15' C. It has good over-run after the whipping and capability of making artificial flowers, good stability at room temperature and excellent flavor and melting properties in the mouth.it is thich white and slightly tangy to taste.
How to Select
It is easily available in almost all the diary stores and in food malls or grocery stores. Just check for the fat percentage before buying and ask for the low fat one. Manufacturer's include Hood's low fat cream, Weight Watcher's Low fat sour cream, Amul Fresh Cream; etc. It is generally available in laminated plastic tetrapacks.
· Low fat cream has its best use in cakes and confectionaries.
· You can whip using an egg beater or electric whipper and mold into desired shapes required on the cakes, puddings and pateries.
· The low fat graem can be combines with any fruit concentrate or syrup and the fruit flavored cream can be used.
· Since it is low fat, you can pour it in any punjabi subji to make it a makhani curry like paneer makhani.
· It can be used a s atopping on soups and salads to enhance the flavor.
How to Store
Store it in a cool dry place, preferably under refrigerator to avoid spoilage or mold formation. Use it at the earliset once opened. You can deep freeze the container once opened.
· Low fat cream is rich in vitamin A, required for the growth and maintainence of skin and tissue formation.
· Low fat cream is rich in vitamin D, required for the growth and maintainence of skin, bones and teeth.
· Since it is low in fat percentage, it can be easily used in low fat dasserts and consumed by people on weight loss and diabetics.
· Reducing the amount of fats in diet helps to control weight and get rid of all the weight related problems.
· Consumption of low-fat cream helps restrict the percentage of fat intake considerably, mainly the saturated fats present in whole milk. This helps regulate blood cholesterol levels and thus decrease in the chances of heart disease.
· The proteins present in low fat cream are untouched during its processing, hence it is considered as a high biological value protein source.