Viewed 3313 times
Drumstick flowers are small and round white flowers. They are edible when cooked and taste like mushrooms.
How to select
Select the flowers that are fresh and unwilted. Check for any dark spots and bruises. They should be whole and not broken.
· Drumstick flowers are added to vegetable dishes like cucumber, bottle gourd, potato, green peas, brinjals etc.
· Mixing drumstick flowers with Bengal gram flour, coriander, onions, scraped coconut, tamarind pulp and rice flour and frying them will make excellent cutlets.
· Drumstick flowers are also used to make chutneys.
· They are also added to dals and sambhars.
· Drumsticks flowers are also added to gravies.
· They are also used to prepare curries and cakes.
· Add drumstick flowers to dosa batter for crispy dosas.
How to store
Drumstick flowers should be loose wrapped in damp cloth to keep them fresh. They can be wrapped and stored in refrigerator for upto 5-6 days.
· Drumstick flowers prevent frequent infections of the throat, chest and skin.