Doodhi Kheer ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24699 times
A creamy kheer of milk and bottle gourd, which has a very succulent mouth-feel due to the texture of grated bottle gourd. Sautéed bottle gourd has such a wonderful flavour, it is hard to believe that it is actually a vegetable in the kheer. The addition of milk powder to this recipe helps achieve the richness of condensed milk in a matter of minutes, while cooking in the microwave adds to the convenience.
- Squeeze out all the excess water from the bottle gourd and keep aside.
- Combine the milk, milk powder, sugar and cardamom powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and bottle gourd in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Add the milk mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2½ minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.