Cauliflower, Cabbage and Tomato Clear Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16873 times
Try this unique soup, which combines protein and fibre rich lima beans with a horde of vitamin-rich veggies into a delectable, comforting and filling soup. In the preparation of this cauliflower, cabbage and tomato clear soup, we have retained and used the water in which the lima beans was cooked, not just to avoid nutrient-loss but also to enhance the flavour. You will love the mild, nutty flavour of this clear soup.
- Soak the lime beans in enough water for 3 to 4 hours and drain.
- Combine the lima beans with 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the celery and bay leaves lightly. Add the french beans and cauliflower and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tomato and green peas and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the lima beans along with the liquid, 2 cups of water, salt, cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped parsley and grated cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||210.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.